Cystatin C is a superior GFR marker for the diagnosis and therapeutic control of patients of all ages
The Gentian cystatin C immunoassay (ERM-DA471/IFCC standardized) is a particle enhanced turbidomentric assay (PETIA) for use on a range of clinical chemistry analyzers.
Need convincing? The Gentian cystatin C assay is:
- Validated on a wide range of instruments
- Gentian’s cystatin C assay is used routinely in labs around the world to calculate eGFR in a range of clinical situations. Recent research using this assay includes measurement in specific patient groups such as pediatrics, cardiovascular diseases , thrombosis, diabetes, obesity, kidney transplantation, CKD, AKI and more. Read more about relevant studies here
- The assay has very low total imprecision, good linearity and strong correlation with iohexol clearance, the ‘Gold standard’ for GFR (R (2) = 0.956)
- Strong signal with no interference from turbid samples. Robust analytic performance characteristics, even among operators
- Gentian’s production techniques and patented technology means that the Gentian cystatin C assay is both more accurate and more affordable than previous cystatin C tests. The test also requires minimal hands on time for further savings and improved turnaround time. See here for ordering information.
Download Cystatin C presentation